Friday, October 18, 2013

Impudent Mortal's Tabletop Gaming Terrain Part Deux! - A Review

Back in June, Walt from Impudent Mortal began his second Kickstarter project.  I had been so pleased with the first that, being a terrain junkie I had to get in on the second one.

At some point during the move, my buildings arrived and the box got shoved in a corner along with all the other boxes of cool stuff that still haven't had anything done with them.  Once I got my hobby station to a point I was content with it, I pulled out the box of mdf goodness and got to work.

The first thing I really like about this offering was the option to leave out the puzzle pieces.  I really didn't enjoy having to basically build the model twice so this was a major plus to me.

In this product line, Walt has expanded quite a bit.  You still get a lot of similar style buildings but now he has released "L" and "T" shaped buildings as well as the "Epic" buildings that make a great centerpiece for any table.

For the most part, this is a great offering from Impudent Mortal.  The buildings go together quite well and there are a ton of great bells and whistles and options to make each piece stand out.

If I had any complaint with these, it's that you have to watch a video or view photos of finished buildings in order to figure out how to build them.  I am aware that it's a pain in the butt to print out a diagram and package it with the product.

If you find these interesting and want to look into them for yourself, you can find their third Kickstarter here which has already been funded and still has 25 days to go.  It seems to be very Infinity themed and while I really like the Holographic Advertisement Set, I'm afraid the price is more than I'm willing to spend on it at this time.

Here's some shots of what I got and have assembled.


~Syko

No comments:

Post a Comment