Sunday, April 28, 2013

40K Project #2 - Heresy Era World Eaters Part 3

As I said previously, I've got a lot of work ahead of me over the next three weeks and I've jumped in with both feet.  My World Eaters Tactical Marines aren't finished yet but I got a lot of building done tonight.

First is a World Eaters Legion Contemptor Dreadnought.  I tried to get him in as dynamic a pose as I could but I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it.  I'm also a little nervous about painting him since I normally paint before assembling but I wanted to try some new things on this one and it required that I assemble it first.

Next is a Deimos Pattern Rhino.  Having started playing in 3rd Edition, this model is a nice throwback to the old days but it went together so much better than the old 3rd Edition Rhinos.

I spent most of the night magnetizing this Deimos Patter Predator so I could use it with any weapon choice.  I'm very happy with the way it came out.  I need to do a little green stuff work on the broken area to give it more of a battle damaged feel and less of a "broken during shipping" feel.

I should be able to get these primed tomorrow.  I plan to use salt and hairspray weathering on all three models but I'm not sure if I can get them all ready and base coated in one night.  We'll see if I can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment