Friday, February 8, 2013

Gaming Saloons?


Guys, I was recently in the UK and I noticed something there that just doesn't seem to happen in the US... beer in the game area!  I don't know about you but that was just an amazing idea to me.

I know the reasons it doesn't happen in the US, we have too many whiny people that think kids would get their hands on said booze and we just can't have that happen, now can we?

I spent some time wracking my brain to come up with a way to make it work and using AFK Tavern as inspiration I think I have come across a grand plan.  The trick is to open two businesses; a retail game store with tables to play at and product to buy and right next door (or on a separate level but easily reached) a Gaming Saloon that you must be 21 to enter but serves beer and pretzels and has plenty of tables to play your favorite games at.

Granted, I still have to nail down the full legalities of such a venture.  Questions like, "Would war gaming (using dice) or collectible card games be considered games of chance?" and "Can you have adjacent bathrooms between the two businesses?" are just a few.

Have any of you heard of such places in the US and if so, where are they located?  I would love to pick their brains.  Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment