Tonight was insane.
I do a lot of priming and base coating for the guys in my group because we can't get spray paint over here so I do it all with the airbrush.
Tonight I worked on the Dark Angels from the Dark Vengeance set for one of my guys. He wants to do Guardians of the Covenant so I got to see how Vallejo Silver works in the Badger Rage.
So first I primed all the models black, then went back on the ones with robes and shot them with grey at an angle then hit the higher areas with white. Next I started the silver... and that's where the headache began. I had some major clogging issues with the Rage on the silver and I found that the Rage is a pain to get clogs cleared out. I think I went through four bottles of water clearing the clogs out and I know I wasted a ton of paint. I was thinning it at 50-50 water to paint and eventually I went to 70-30. That fixed the clogs but it killed the color. It went from silver to dull grey with that mix.
I finally got all the silver parts done and went back with Vallejo Italian Red on the robes. This flowed really well and went pretty quick. I then did the Librarian with Vallejo Blue.
I spent about 7 hours just on these models because of all the clogs with the silver and wasn't able to get to the stack of models I needed to work on. Those will be done tonight.
Also I delivered the objective markers for my buddy and then realized I didn't take any pics of the finished product. I'll try to get those in the next few days.
Here's some pics of the models I sprayed tonight.
I also remembered to get some pics of the Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf that I'm painting for one of the guys here. I'm waiting for the paints I'm going to use to get here before I go any further on this project.
Needless to say... I'm busy.