Saturday, March 16, 2013

Random Thoughts

Broke out the Rage tonight and sprayed a ton of models with Vallejo Satin Varnish.  I have found that this is very difficult to spray through my Badger Velocity and was very interested in seeing how it went through the Rage.  After shooting my Dakkajet, 80 Zombies and the objectives I finished the other day, I have to say I was very pleased that there was little to no clogging issues.

I've also placed an order for the Badger Minitaire Paints which are back ordered through Amazon.  Hopefully I get them this year.  I've watched a lot of reviews for this paint line and am extremely psyched to get it in a try it out.

While I was clear coating the models I was listening to The Overlords Podcast.  They were discussing the rules and uses for buildings in 40K.  Apparently many people haven't used buildings in their normal games but here we use several building, bunkers and ruins on any given table.  We've gotten used to them and I really like the added elements they bring to the game.  Do any of you generally use buildings and how do you find them?

That's about all I have for tonight.  I'll be priming and base coating a Dark Vengeance set for one of my guys tonight so I'll try to get some pics of those up along with pics of the finished objective markers.

Oh... and I just read about GW telling retailers they can't sell bits anymore... WTF?!?  Is GW getting back into the bits game?  Are they just being jerks (GW? Never!)?


No comments:

Post a Comment